Recovery is a buzzword to all athletes. By now, we are well aware that without adequate and important recovery, we will not improve within our sport. And, in many cases, injuries will occur owing to insufficient recovery.

When the conversation turns to the progress you experience as a result of you training, then 95% will be owing to the quality of your exercising, diet, sleep patterns as well as your social and mental recharging. That leaves 5% which can be ascribed to the active and passive recovery. This may not sound much, but we should bear in mind that these 5% are precisely the percentages that everyone is hunting for.

YourBoots may be used as often you feel like it and, preferably for 30-90 minutes at a time.

What, then, is the difference between ACTIVE and PASSIVE recovery?

ACTIVE recovery, which is comprised by Team Danmark’s recovery pyramid, means light exercise during which you neither push your pulse (50% of maximum pulse) nor your muscles. Your rather maintain the good circulation – just as during warming up and down.

PASSIVE recovery for instance comprises stretch out, massage, compression, cryotherapy, and heat treatment.

The use of YourBoots is a combination of both ACTIVE and PASSIVE recovery. The lymphatic drainage programme simulates active recovery by way of the increased blood circulation and, hence, the supply of oxygen to the muscular system. The massage programmes softens tissue and muscles as well as representing the double effect to you who know that recovery is a decisive factor in your performance and you bodily development.


With respect to the treatment of injuries, cold/ice treatment has been applied for years. The cold causes the small blood vessels to contract, reduces the development of oedema (swelling), and has a pain-relieving effect.

As to PASSIVE recovery, this also comprises COLD/CONTRAST treatment. After a training session, the blood vessels will be expanded because of the increase in blood circulation, just as the tissue will bind substantial fluid amounts. This is a natural process which, over time, our body will adjust by itself. Application of cold will speed up this process, for instance via ice baths or the use of COOL* YourBoots. This way, you will help the body through this process at a faster rate, thus reducing your recovery time. The advantage of applying COOL* YourBoots is that they can be brought along to training in your sports bag, and you will not get wet in the process.


Air compression or vacuum therapy was developed for hospital treatment of e.g. lymphoedema, apoplexy, and hemiparesis. Like so many other things, the sporting world adopted the technology in the battle for improved recovery. Though, nowadays, athletes are well aware that sleep, a correct diet, and vitamin ingestion pave the way for the best recovery, it is by no means easy to obtain optimal recovery. There is not much time between training sessions, and this is where Recovery Boots (YourBoots) enter the picture. YourBoots increase the flow of blood through the muscular system as well as securing the lymph’s ability to move freely. Our lymphatic fluid is transported around the body by means of our respiration and the movement of our muscles. Today we know that the lymph’s free flow together with it being purified in the lymph nodes are decisive matters in respect of optimal recovery. The lymph nodes remove waste substances, bacteria, and virus from our cells. Also, the lymph fluid absorbs fat and protein from the small intestine after our meals. After the lymph’s purification in the lymph nodes, it returns via the major blood vessels in the neck. Thus, the combination of the two – increased blood flow and lymphatic drainage – will reduce your recovery period. Your legs will feel lighter, or as the racing cyclists say, you have “diamonds in your legs”.

Beneficial effects from regular use of air compression:

  • Increase of blood flow through the muscular system
  • Firmer skin
  • Reduction in cramps and restless legs
  • Counteracting swollen and sore muscles
  • Relief of cold feet
  • Relief of muscular tension
  • Relief of tired legs
  • Reduction in recovery time
  • A softening effect on scar tissue